On January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) will take effect. To prepare for CCPA, we’re excited to announce our new CCPA Resource Page which reflects our CCPA compliance efforts.
Privacy is one of the leading subjects of discussion in ad tech right now. It’s critical to protect your consumers’ personal information to avoid fines and civil actions. Prepare now for CCPA and also understand Fyber’s role for CCPA. The good news is, if you’re already GDPR compliant, it’ll be a lot less legwork.
We’re working diligently to ensure that Fyber and our customers are ready for CCPA. We encourage all of our publishers and advertisers to read our CCPA page and agree to a CCPA addendum that’ll follow.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you’re a publisher: When you share personal information with us, or when we collect personal information via our SDK on your behalf, we’re doing so in order to fulfill our ad monetization service to you as your service provider.
- If you’re an advertiser that sends personal information to us: We only process that personal information as necessary to run your advertising campaigns as your service provider.
- Is it a “sale” under CCPA? In short, no. It’s not a “sale” when you as a business share personal information to us or when we collect it on your behalf as your service provider. In addition, we don’t receive any monetary or other valuable consideration for the personal information we receive from you or collect on your behalf. Lastly, we don’t further “sell” the personal information to anyone else.
- “Do not sell my personal information”—how will Fyber handle it? Should you decide to include an opt-out option on your app or website homepage, we’ll follow your instructions and accommodate your consumers’ request to opt out.
- How will Fyber address your consumers’ deletion or access requests? Following a verifiable consumer request, we will follow your instructions to delete personal information. It’s your discretion whether to accept or deny any deletion request, based on the provisions of the CCPA.
If you have additional questions related to our CCPA compliance efforts, please contact our privacy team at email@example.com.