The walls were reverberating with news on the latest mobile tech trends at last week’s Postback Seattle conference. SponsorPay’s Senior Director of Developer Relations, David Diaz, sat on a panel offering insights into mobile advertising alongside other industry experts such as Paul Longhenry of Tapjoy and Hanno Fichtner of Applift.
As the HasOffers blog nicely recaps, the key takeaways for mobile-ambitious ad networks are as follows:
- Know what measures to use when evaluating the effectiveness of your mobile ad campaigns.
- Know which SDKs to use, and know when to use them. (David, for instance, only uses SDKs for video campaigns.)
- Figure out how to drive users back to an especially useful point in the app — a sweet spot.
- Find out how many times users come back to your app and try to re-engage these loyal users.
- Customize user settings based on cross-device behavior to maximize engagement with campaigns.
“I believe that working direct with partners, rather than going through agencies, provides the best deals and experience for advertisers. It’s also important for networks advertising on mobile to keep up to speed with both new technologies and new techniques,” said David. “ I’m happy I was able to share my own learnings at Postback.”