SocialTimes Pro recently released a new report – ‘Facebook Ad Networks: A Guide to Monetizing Facebook Games & Apps’ – to help developers answer a variety of questions regarding advertising-based monetization. As one of Facebook’s preferred ad providers, SponsorPay was happy to provide input and Projjol Banerjea, our Director of Marketing, featured on SocialTimes Pro’s Expert Panel that included representatives from WeeWorld, WildTangent, SpotXchange and Underdog Media, among others.
Some of the questions the report addresses include:
- How does a developer choose which networks to work with?
- Should a developer give up all control over inventory or try to sell some traffic directly?
- Does geography have an impact?
- Which monetization options perform better e.g. is cost per engagement (CPE) inherently better than CPM?
Among other interesting things, the report concludes:
- Games make up the majority of Facebook apps and the preferred list is dominated by ad providers that specialize in monetizing games.
- Brand advertisers are most prevalent.
- There is a huge market emerging to serve non-U.S. Facebook app developers, especially in the U.K., Germany and other parts of western Europe.
The full report is available for SocialTimes Pro members.