Programmatic advertising has seen tremendous growth, especially in video, as video ad spend has more than doubled in the US in the last year. Fyber RTB’s SSP has experienced equally impressive video ad growth, helping publishers monetize their in-app, mobile-to-web, and desktop video traffic.
While Fyber RTB continues to scale with our DSP partners, we’ve identified several methods to increase bidding efficiency, improve winning bid execution rate, and make both the DSP and the publisher more money. Here are 3 easy tips for DSPs that will make an impact in 2017:
1) Use 100% secure content when appropriate, and never use mixed content
Secure content refers to passing all URLs, tracking links, and redirects via secure, i.e., HTTPS, protocol. Mixed content refers to using a combination of secure and unsecure URLs in the same bid response. In certain scenarios, unsecure or mixed content may trigger SSPs like Fyber to invalidate your bid and you will lose out on bid opportunities. To avoid this, use 100% secure content, especially in the following scenarios:
- In-app inventory: iOS will require all content delivered in-app to be secure as of January 1, 2017. Fyber’s SDK is compliant and requires secure content for all direct in-app bid requests. For more details on the iOS compliance changes and Fyber’s status, click here.
- Secure bid requests: If an SSP receives an ad request from a publisher requiring a secure environment and notifies you as the DSP, be sure to comply. For example, Fyber sends the parameter secure:1 in the bidrequest when the publisher is requesting secure content. Please note that each SSP manages this similarly.
- Utilize the actionable insights that your SSP passes to you, such as ad playback and user engagement metrics to more accurately target and increase ROI.
3) Ensure you’re optimizing your user/cookie syncing with your supply partner
User or Cookie syncing allows DSPs to follow a user across multiple supply properties to better target and retarget them, typically resulting in higher ROI. For this to function properly, it’s important that your data is continually synced with your SSP. Therefore, ensure that:
- You’re not capping user syncing requests, allowing all data to flow freely.
- Your user sync works on both desktop and mobile to enable cross-channel bidding.
If you’re able to address each of these 3 topics, you’ll already be off to a great start in 2017! To learn more, please reach out to your Account Manager or email [email protected].